Exceptional care in a truly state-of-the-art setting
Welcome to Community Memorial Hospital, a regional hospital that focuses on excellence, while never losing sight of providing warm and friendly care for our friends, families and neighbors. In order to improve and expand upon the health care services and technology we offer to the community, we’ve dramatically transformed our hospital, top to bottom. Here are some highlights:
- Modern and comfortable patient rooms. Each light-filled room is equipped with flat-screen TV and WiFi; some rooms have a special lift system attached to the ceiling to make transfers more comfortable, safer and more efficient.
- Our Intensive Care Unit has four modern patient rooms, all equipped with the latest technology.
- On-site Specialty Clinic includes Women’s Health, the Pain Clinic, our general and orthopedic surgeons, as well as visiting specialists who offer you a full range of medical services and convenience you’ve asked for.
- Excellent Urgent Care/Emergency services. CMH is proud to have been designated as a Level IV Trauma Center, with a nurse to patient ratio of 1:3.
- CMH provides excellent medical care for women at the Birthing Suites. Unlike some regional hospitals which are choosing to stop delivering babies, CMH is committed to caring for women through pregnancy and delivery, as well as providing professional lactation consultants and other services for new moms and their babies.
- High-quality in-house Imaging Services include digital radiography, CTs, MRIs, digital mammography, ultrasound, cardiac stress testing and monitoring, EKGs, echocardiography and nuclear medicine. Expert radiologists on staff.
- On-site Laboratory performs routine and emergency lab testing, 24/7 on modern, automated, state-of-the-art equipment.
- Unlike many community hospitals, CMH provides Anesthesia 24/7.
- Infusion Therapy allows individuals who are receiving chemotherapy or other infusion therapies to receive their therapy close to home and work.
Medical Services and Specialties
CMH offers an impressive number of Medical Services and Specialties, and we’re always moving forward to bring the best regional healthcare to our community.
Chief Financial Officer
Senior VP of Hospital and Clinical Operations
Senior VP of Long Term Care and Ancillary Services
Board of Directors
Nate Sandman, Chair
Fond du Lac Human Services
Pam Grover, Vice Chair
Retired, Members Cooperative Credit Union
Kelly Johnson, Treasurer
Split Rock Private Trading Wealth Management
Dave Hall, Secretary
Carlton County Public Health and Human Services
Retired, Cloquet Forestry Center
Cliff Chapin, MD
Community Memorial Hospital
Kolquist, Seitz and Goldman, LLC
Duluth Regional Center
Kara Underwood, MD
Community Memorial Hospital
Community Memorial Hospital opened on July 27, 1958, as a 76-bed regional hospital. In 2013, a $28 million dollar construction project was completed that basically created a new hospital from top to bottom. In 2008, CMH celebrated 50 years of service to our community. CMH currently employs 400 people and directly and indirectly contributes over $40 million to the regional economy.