Welcome your baby in comfort
Welcome your new baby in comfort and surrounded by loving care at the Birthing Suites. We pride ourselves on giving mothers, their babies and families friendly, small-town attention with all the medical services you’d expect at a big city hospital. Your baby will usually be delivered by your doctor, your baby will room with you, and we’ll make sure that your spouse and family members are comfortable, too!
Birthing Suite amenities
Each suite features:
- Private bath and whirlpool
- Views of river and woods
- Flat-screen TV with DVD
- Free Wi-Fi
- Transitional lighting
Quality medical expertise
Physicians. Your delivery will be assisted by our team of specially trained physicians and staff—all supported by the latest in medical technology, procedures and medicines. The Birthing Suites are fully equipped and ready to offer everything that big-city hospitals brag about: a top-notch professional staff, up-to-date medical technology, 24-hour anesthesia services and the latest in pain medications. And it’s rare that your family doctor won’t deliver your baby.
- Obstetric family practice doctors at nearby Raiter Clinic hold full privileges at CMH and will follow your pregnancy from the first trimester to birth. To read about the the Raiter Clinic click here.
- Dr. Skott Nielsen, consulting obstetrician/gynecologist on CMH staff, is also available.
- Raiter Clinic Doctors and CMH Doctors are Fellows in the American Academy of Family Practice.
CMH OB/GYN Nursing staff have received training and/or hold credentials in:
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Certified Lactation Counselor and Advanced Nurse Lactation Counselor
- Child Passenger Safety Technician
- Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics
- STABLE – a program for stabilizing newborns
If complications should arise, take comfort in knowing you and your baby will receive the finest medical help available. Our advanced life support systems offer the highest standards of technology, and our nearby surgical unit provides an added measure of security.
- Cesarean birth. Our medical team is fully trained and equipped to handle Cesarean births, both planned and emergency deliveries.
- Epidurals available if needed.
- CMH staff is trained for transfer to NICU if necessary.
- Anesthesia services 24/7. Whenever you and your doctor might need them, an anesthesiologist is there for you, as well as certified, registered nurse anesthetists.
- Pain medications and pain management. Before the big day, we will teach you and your birthing partner about effective non-medical techniques for handling pain during labor. We’ll also provide you with detailed information about the variety of pain medications available during labor so you can make an informed choice when the time
- OB/GYN nursing staff is trained for emergency situations.
- Advanced life support systems offer the highest standards of technology.
- CMH surgical unit provides an added measure of security.
Make sure you’re completely prepared for your family’s big event. CMH offers convenient Childbirth Education Saturday sessions specifically designed for moms-to-be and their coaches with information about:
- The labor and birth processes
- When to come to the hospital
- Natural childbirth
- Labor complications
- Medication options during labor
- Breast feeding
- Post-partum and newborn care
Sessions cost $30, and include a handbook, a folder of resources, a tour of the Birthing Center, and lunch and snacks for you and a partner.
Would you like to attend a Childbirth Education class? Please contact Stef Gunelson, RN at 218-343-6077 for more information and to schedule.