Exceptional care in a truly state-of-the-art setting
Welcome to Community Memorial Hospital, a regional hospital that focuses on excellence, while never losing sight of providing warm and friendly care for our friends, families and neighbors.
In order to expand upon the health care services and technology we offer our community, we’ve dramatically transformed our hospital, top to bottom. Here are some highlights:
- Modern and comfortable patient rooms. Each light-filled room is equipped with flat-screen TV and WiFi; some rooms have a special lift system attached to the ceiling to make transfers more comfortable, safer, and more efficient.
- CMH Raiter Family Clinic is our newly-merged primary care facility. The clinic is staffed by experienced, friendly physicians delivering expert health services for the whole family.
- Our Intensive Care Unit has four modern patient rooms, all equipped with the latest technology.
- Onsite Specialty Clinic includes Women’s Health, the Pain Clinic, our general and orthopedic surgeons, as well as visiting specialists who offer a full range of medical services and the convenience you’ve asked for.
- Excellent Urgent Care/Emergency Services. CMH has been designated a Level IV Trauma Center, with a nurse-to-patient ratio of 1:3.
- CMH provides excellent medical care for women at the Birthing Suites. Unlike the regional hospitals that no longer deliver babies, CMH is committed to caring for women through pregnancy and delivery, and to providing professional lactation consultants and other services for new moms and their babies.
- High-quality in-house Imaging Services include digital radiography, CTs, MRIs, 3D mammography, ultrasound, cardiac stress testing and monitoring, EKGs, echocardiography, and nuclear medicine. Expert radiologists on staff.
- Onsite Laboratory performs routine and emergency lab testing, 24/7 on modern, automated, state-of-the-art equipment.
- Unlike many community hospitals, CMH provides Anesthesia 24/7.
- Infusion Therapy allows individuals who are receiving chemotherapy or other infusion therapies to complete their therapy close to home and work.
Medical Services and Specialties
CMH offers an impressive number of Medical Services and Specialties, and we’re always moving forward to bring the best regional healthcare to our community.
CFO/Senior VP of Support Services
Senior VP of Long Term Care
Senior VP of Hospital and Clinical Services
Board of Directors
David Hall, Chair
Carlton County Public Health and Human Services, Retired
Alvin Alm, Vice Chair
Cloquet Forestry Center, Retired
Lee Olsen, Treasurer
Kolquist, Seitz and Goldman, LLC
Kevin Toboleski, Secretary
Duluth Regional Center
Kara Underwood, MD
Community Memorial Hospital
Upper Lakes Food, Retired
Joanna Robnik, MD
CMH Raiter Family Clinic
City of Cloquet
Community Memorial Hospital opened on July 27, 1958, as a 76-bed regional hospital. In 2013, a $28 million dollar construction project was completed that basically created a new hospital from top to bottom. In 2008, CMH celebrated 50 years of service to our community. CMH currently employs 400 people and directly and indirectly contributes over $40 million to the regional economy.