CMH provides full support for patients with respiratory conditions
Most people take breathing for granted. But if you’re one of the millions of Americans who are suffering from breathing disorders, taking a breath can be a major effort. Our experienced Respiratory Therapy staff is here to help.
Respiratory Therapists (RTs) evaluate, treat and restore function for patients with the following diagnoses or conditions:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Post-operative patients
- Trauma patients
- Newborns with respiratory distress
- Patients suffering from a cardiac or respiratory emergency
CMH’s registered respiratory therapists
- Director Caroline Charon, RRT
- Jessie Agne, RRT
- Tammy Mead, RRT
- Marla Peterson, RRT
CMH RTs are in house 7 am to 5 pm, seven days a week and remain on call after hours. Their call response time is fifteen minutes. They work with diverse therapies employing techniques and equipment you would usually see in larger hospitals.
Our diverse in-patient therapies and techniques include:
- High flow oxygen therapy
- Nebulizer therapy
- Incentive Spirometry
- Chest physiotherapy
- Metered Dose inhaler instruction
- Smoking cessation education
- MetaNeb aerosol therapy combines three different modes of therapy
- Aerosol delivery
- Secretion clearance
- Lung expansion
- Ventilator management that provides the care and safety our physicians expect while our therapists help to assess the plan of care for these patients.
- Non-invasive ventilator management interventions provide support for the patient both in the ER and the ICU.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and assistance with airway management
- Assistance with newborn respiratory distress and attendance at high risk deliveries and C-sections
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
We also provide out-patient pulmonary function testing.