Get back to the activities of daily living
The professionals at CMH Occupational Therapy can help people of all ages who have had a disruption in their independence. This can include a disruption in the ability to perform work, home, childcare, or leisure activities.
Our skilled and caring staff provide specialized training to help patients learn or relearn strategies and enable people to lead independent, productive, and satisfying lives.
Occupational Therapy services
Our services are designed to improve upper extremity strength and coordination through conditioning and strengthening exercises. We can:
- Help patients who are recovering from illness, injury, or surgery regain the ability to perform daily tasks at home or in the workplace.
- Provide rehabilitation following a stroke or other neurological event.
- Provide hand therapy services under the coordination of a Certified Hand Therapist (CHT).
- Work with patients living with arthritis to decrease their pain and improve their ability to perform daily tasks.
- Oversee specialized and custom splinting.
- Provide adaptive equipment and assistive devices to improve independence in daily living tasks.
- Provide therapeutic exercises to enhance endurance, strength, and function.
- Share environmental adaptations that can be used at work and at home.
- Facilitate low-vision rehabilitation and training to help patients retain their independence.
- Improve pain and function with state-of-the-art modalities, such as Low Light Laser Therapy and the BTE Simulator II.
- Provide comprehensive return-to-work services, including work hardening, work conditioning, and Functional Capacity Evaluation.