Because we believe in your good health
Community Memorial Hospital is committed to serving our community. While the COVID-19 pandemic is changing rapidly, your health remains our top priority.
To protect our patients and staff, CMH is rescheduling nonessential surgeries and routine medical appointments. We are also launching a telehealth service in the near future.
Our goal is to continue offering the highest standard of care, even during these stressful times.
COVID-19 step-by-step guide:
- As always, seek care immediately or call 911 in the event of an emergency.
- If you would like to have your symptoms evaluated, please call our free 24/7 Nurse Hotline at 218-499-6799.
- If you are a current CMH Raiter Family Clinic patient enrolled in the patient portal and are experiencing the above symptoms, please click here to log in and complete the Respiratory Illness Questionnaire. If you would like to be set up with the patient portal, call 218-879-1271.
Coronavirus COVID-19 information:
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness caused by a new strain of coronavirus.
- Most people who contract COVID-19 have mild symptoms that do not require treatment or medical care.
- Symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
- The best thing we can all do for our community is to stay home when we are ill, no matter what is causing the illness.
For more information on COVID-19:
Important CMH updates:
- Visitors are restricted to one per patient unless they are hospice or end-of-life.
- Pediatric patients are allowed to have two guardians with them.
- Absolutely no children are allowed to visit, with the exception of hospice or end-of-life care.
- There are no visitors to SHCC unless they are hospice or end-of-life.
Thank you for your understanding during this challenging period.